Friday 28 October 2011

Maria Sharapova


Maria Sharapova withdrew from the tennis tournament with a sore ankle Wednesday after losing their second consecutive championship season.
Ranked second among the Russian withdrawal of Caroline Wozniacki guarantees will end the year with the No. 1 ranking, despite losing in the group stage match against Russia's Vera Zvonareva.
Sharapova entered the tournament after its withdrawal since the withdrawal in the quarter-final in Tokyo last month because of an ankle injury.
After losing 7-6 (4) 0.6 to 4 us me in her second role, Robin Wednesday's match, Sharapova said, "in the ankle has not recovered well as I had hoped after the first round."
And Sharapova lost in the Sam Stosur in the opening match on Tuesday.
"The swelling got a little worse," said the Russian in second place. "It just limits my movement a lot, and it's not something I really want to risk, especially at the end of the season, knowing that I have some time to recover and let it heal naturally instead of paying it really harm anything else."
Will be replaced by Russian alternate Marion Bartoli of France, who will face Victoria Azarenka of Belarus in the final round of the group. Maintain perfect record against Azarenka with Sam Stosur earlier on Wednesday, 6-2, 6-2.
Wozniacki and dropped to 1-1 in round-robin stage after losing 6-2, 4-6, 6-3 against Zvonareva in the late match. Even with the loss, and said it will expire at the number (1) in the rankings for the second year in a row, despite the absence of a significant profit. Sharapova was the only player with a chance to overcome the Danish going into the tournament.
"It's amazing for me to end the year with the number (1) again," said Wozniacki. "I mean, the players had ended only a very small number of the year as No. 1, and to do so two years in a row and very special. I'm just at the beginning of my career, and achieved so much already, it's a dream come true."
Sharapova led 4-2 in the first set before me broke the back to force a tiebreak, which let to Russia 4-0 slip away. Lee then took the lead in the second set 5-2, and served from the game in the second attempt.
Sharapova said she expects to return to court in Brisbane next year in preparation for the Australian Open.
"Disappointing obviously to end it this way," said the Russian on the season. "But I have no regrets. ... I definitely made progress last year and I have improved, and the way my game has stepped up. I still feel like going there next year a lot of things that I can improve that can make me better. It's just something I look forward to when I start training again. "
Li said, the hero of the French Open, is the first Chinese player to qualify for this event is the end of the season for the top eight players in the world.
The Stosur, the hero of the U.S. Open, her first coming more than ever, Sharapova win on Tuesday, but it seems to flat out for the opening match on Wednesday. In their first game in the white group, broke Azarenka, ranked fourth and four times to take her from head to head record against Stosur to.












No comments:

Post a Comment